Blue Cheese,Pesto & Mushroom Appetizer
- 15 MIN. PREP TIME
- 15 MIN. COOK TIME
- 4 SERVINGS
WHAT YOU NEED
- 1 package Stonefire Original Naan
- 4 tbsp basil pesto (store bought or recipe below)
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 1/2 cup crumble blue cheese
- 2 cups sautéed sliced mushrooms-use a blend for more flavour
- 1/4 cup crumbled cooked bacon-optional
- 1 cup packed fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 minced garlic clove
- salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- CHOP together finely, in a food processor: basil, parmesan cheese and garlic.
- ADD the olive oil in a thin steady stream while the motor is running.
- SEASON with salt and pepper to taste. Extra pesto can be stored in the fridge for 2-3 days or frozen for 2-3 weeks.
- PREHEAT a large size sauté pan (large enough to hold a naan) over med high heat with 1/2 tbsp of olive oil.
- PLACE naan in sauté pan and cook until crispy, turning once, approximately 2-3 minutes per side.
- REMOVE crispy naan from the pan and immediately top with 1/2 the amount of ingredients (there are enough for 2 Naan), basil walnut pesto, crumbled blue cheese, sliced mushrooms and the crumbled cooked bacon.
- CUT into pieces and serve.