WHAT YOU NEED
- 2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken thighs, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 cup greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 ½ tablespoons ground turmeric
- 2 tablespoons garam masala
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ cup butter
- 1 onion, small dice
- 4 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, grated
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- ½ cup chicken stock
- 3 cups heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons salt
- Lemon juice to taste
- Cilantro to garnish
- Whole Wheat Stonefire Naan
- COMBINE the chicken, greek yogurt, lemon juice, and spices in a bowl. Marinate overnight.
- IN a large pan over medium heat, melt the butter. Stir in onion and cook slowly until the onion and cook until translucent. Add the garlic and ginger and cook until fragrant, about 2-3 minutes more.
- ADD the tomatoes to the skillet and cook for 5 minutes. Add the chicken and its marinade to the pan and cook for 5 minutes. Add the chicken stock and bring the mixture to a boil - then lower heat and simmer for 30 minutes. Stir in the heavy cream and tomato paste and continue to simmer until the chicken has cooked through, about 15 minutes, and the sauce is thick.
- TASTE, adjust seasoning as needed, add lemon juice for a bit of acid. Garnish with cilantro leaves and serve alongside Stonefire Naan.
Recipe by What's Gaby Cooking