Italian Sausage & Roasted Red Pepper Pizza
- 10 MIN. PREP TIME
- 10-12 MIN. COOK TIME
- 2 SERVINGS
WHAT YOU NEED
- 1 pkg Stonefire Artisan Pizza Crust
- Extra virgin olive oil for brushing
- ¼ cup tomato or pizza sauce
- 1/3 lb mozzarella cheese thinly sliced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ lb spicy Italian sausage or Spanish chorizo removed from casing cooked and crumbled into small pieces
- 1 whole roasted red pepper from jar cut into ¼ inch thick slices
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh basil
- PREHEAT oven to 400°F (200°C)
- BRUSH the pizza crust lightly with olive oil and spread the tomato sauce evenly on top, leaving a 1/2-inch border.
- LAY the cheese evenly over the tomatoes. Distribute the sausage and roasted red pepper evenly over the cheese. Sprinkle with half of the basil and season with salt and pepper.
- SLIDE the pizza onto the preheated oven rack carefully.
- BAKE until the bottom of the crust is golden and the cheese is bubbly, about 10-12 minutes. Remove the pan from the oven and sprinkle the pizza with the remaining basil.
- COOL for 5 minutes, then cut the pizza into slices and serve immediately.