Naan Baked Ice Cream Cones
- 5 MIN PREP TIME
- 15 MIN COOK TIME
- 4-6 SERVINGS
WHAT YOU NEED
- 2 packages Stonefire Whole Grain Naan Flatbread
- cooking spray (vegetable oil or olive oil)
- ½ cup chocolate, chopped, type by preference
- ½ tablespoon shortening, optional
- ¼ cup peppermint candies
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream
- cream horn molds, optional (can mold foil alternatively)
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Line baking sheet with parchment or baking mat.
- Place Stonefire Naan in microwave covered with a damp paper towel. Heat for 15 seconds to soften.
- Wrap naan around the molds (or foil molded in the shape of an ice cream cone) to determine size needed.
- It should overlap about an inch. Trim naan as needed.
- Lightly spray naan on both sides with cooking spray.
- Wrap around molds again. Place seam side down on baking sheet.
- Bake until dark and crispy, about 15 minutes.
- Remove and cool completely.
- Place peppermint candy in food processor and pulse until broken into small pieces. Transfer to a shallow
- Place chocolate in microwave safe bowl (wider than cone tops) and heat for 30 seconds. Stir well.
- Add shortening (optional, but adds a nice shine and easier to dip). Stir. Heat 15 second increments as needed until completely melted.
- Dip cones in chocolate. Follow by a dip in the candy pieces.
- Allow to harden completely.
- Top with vanilla ice cream and enjoy immediately.
Recipe by Southern Fatty