WHAT YOU NEED
- 4 strips thick-cut bacon
- 2 Stonefire Mini Naan
- 2 tbsp harissa paste, or to taste
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- 4 oz shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 eggs
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Cracked black pepper, to taste
- 2 large eggs
- 1 avocado, ripe but firm
- 1 tbsp chopped cilantro
- 2 tsp chopped mint
- PREHEAT your oven to 400° F.
- GET that bacon in there so it's ready to use by the time you get everything else together.
- COOK for 15 minutes or until crisp, turning once. The nice thing about using the rack is how the fat drips off, no soggy bacon!
- DRAIN that fat once the pan is cool enough to handle.
- MIX the melted butter and harissa together. Now we can call it harissa butter. If you don't happen to have harissa that's fine, use your favorite hot sauce or Asian chile sauce, like Sriracha.
- USE your pastry brush to coat the flatbreads generously with harissa butter. Cover the whole thing, don't be shy with it. Save the rest of the harissa butter to drizzle over the sandwiches later.
- MAKE a small well in the center of the shredded cheese and gently crack an egg on top of each naan.
- SPRINKLE the eggs with a pinch of salt and pepper. Chop up that crispy bacon and make it rain.
- CAREFULLY transport the baking sheet to the oven.
- BAKE for 10 to 15 minutes, or until the egg whites look opaque and the yolks are creamy. If you've never had a baked egg, you're in for a treat. It's like a custardy version of a fried egg.
- WHEN the naan comes out of the oven, slide a spatula underneath each one to loosen them from the rack.
- TOP with sliced avocado, a generous drizzle of harissa butter and the chopped herbs.
Recipe by The Kitchenista Diaries