WHAT YOU NEED
- 1 lb eggplant
- 1 lb red bell or yellow pepper
- 1 lb zucchini
- Olive oil, as needed
- Kosher salt, as needed
- Cracked black pepper, as needed
- 2 Stonefire Garlic Naan
- 2 tbsp prepared sun-dried tomato pesto
- 8 oz Fontina cheese
- Preheat your oven to 400° F.
- Slice the eggplant and zucchini into 1/4" rounds.
- Slice the bell pepper into 1/2" strips, discarding the core.
- Arrange all of the veggies on a lined sheet pan and drizzle generously with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Roast the vegetables for 15 to 20 minutes, or until they're beginning to crisp and brown on one side.
- Flip them all over, drizzling with additional oil if needed.
- Continue roasting another 15 minutes or until the eggplant and zucchini is golden brown and crisp around the edges and the peppers are charred.
- While the veggies are roasting, shred your cheese. Fontina worked great here and let the veggies shine. Another mild, melting cheese will also work, such as whole milk mozzarella.
- Preheat your cast iron grill pan or skillet.
- Spread the tops of each garlic naan with tomato pesto.
- Now for half of the shredded cheese...followed by all of those roasted veggies. It's always amazing how a whole pan of veggies wilts down to what can fit between a sandwich!
- Finally, add the rest of the cheese. Press the remaining naan over the top, pesto side down.
- Lightly oil your grill pan, then carefully transfer the sandwich onto the pan. It's helpful to use two spatulas, one underneath each side. After a couple minutes, carefully flip the sandwich over to grill the other side for another minute or so until the cheese has melted.
- As much as you'll want to devour this right away, let it cool for a minute or so until it's safe to handle!
- Slice into quarters and serve warm! The smoky, crispy grilled garlic naan is to die for with melted cheese and tender roasted veggies.
Recipe by Kitchenista Diaries