WHAT YOU NEED
- 1/2 of a bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 of a sweet onion, chopped
- 3-4 eggs
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 package [Stonefire Tandoor Baked mini Naan (4 pieces to a package)
- 1/2 cup refried beans, warmed*
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled, seeded and smashed
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 4-5 slices of bacon, cooked and crumbled
- COOK the bacon in a large skillet over medium heat. Remove to a plate and crumble or chop into pieces. Remove the grease from the pan, leaving just a little. Add the chopped bell peppers and onions to the pan and saute 2-3 minutes, until tender. Remove to the plate with the bacon.
- ADD eggs to a small bowl. Add a splash of milk or water and beat the eggs until smooth. Grease the skillet with butter or cooking spray and add the eggs. Toss them gently as they cook and scramble over medium heat. When they are nearly cooked, sprinkle the shredded cheese on top. Remove from heat and allow the cheese to melt for a minute.
- WARM the mini naan either in a clean skillet, or in the microwave for a few seconds, with a piece of paper towel on top. (You could even toast the naan in your toaster if you want!) Spread a thin layer of refried beans over each mini naan. Repeat with another thin layer of sour cream, smashed avocado, and salsa. Add cheesy eggs on top and sprinkle some bacon, bell peppers and onions over everything. Top with chopped cilantro, if desired. Serve immediately.
Recipe by Tastes Better from Scratch